Monday, February 22, 2010

100 Shirts

Yup, you're looking at about 100 cut up shirts. (There are a couple of skirts in there too.) Many of the light fabrics are already in the hand-pieced tumbling blocks quilt top I've been working on for several years.

The red/yellow color overload of the spiral project has made me want to look again at these mostly calmer colors. I've been cutting up the last of the whole shirts, while thinking what I might do with them. So many possibilities! As much as I like the spiral project, I also need a project that takes less mental effort, yet doesn't get boring---rather like the orange plaids quilt.

2 comments:

Marit said...

Love the look of that pile, beautiful and calm colors. I have just received Bonnie K Hunters latest book on Leaders and Enders. Together with her first book on recycling, they are a big inspiration for building up my own stash of shirts... Sometimes, calm is the best choice! Lots of possibilities, there.... have fun!

Sujata Shah said...

I love what you have in the pile too! This is going to be a fun project!